Grab & Go Coffee 6:00a.m. – 11:30a.m. daily
Lunch 11:30a.m. – 5:00p.m. daily
Dinner 5:00p.m. – 10:00p.m. daily
Cocktail Service 11:30a.m. – 10:00p.m. daily
- The Hyatt Regency Monterey has a long association with the Monterey Jazz Festival. Our late night jam sessions frequently attract some of the biggest names in the jazz world to join in on the swingin' fun - not to be missed by any jazz fan!! The jazz festival fairgrounds is just steps away from the Hyatt. Many of the performers will relax in our fireplace lounge after their festival appearances - Jazz Festival headliners, "sidemen," and featured artists have sat in over the years and thrilled the crowd up close and personal!
- Thurs 15 Sept - 7 - 11PM - The Hyatt Regency Monterey kicks off the weekend festivities with guitar great Calvin Keys - his over 50 year career has included recording and touring with many great artists such as Ray Charles and Ahmad Jamal. His latest recording has been ranked nationally on the jazz charts! with Billy Bosch bass, David Morwood drums, and special late night guest vocalist Lee Durley
- Friday 16 Sept - 4 - 7 PM - Jazz @ Sunset with Nik Bartolussi clarinet, David Morwood drums, Jon Dryden piano, Pete Lips bass - "Tribute to Benny Goodman." Join us for a tribute to one of the greatest American musicians of all time, with some Parisian Hot Club, swing, Bop, and Gypsy jan mixed in!
- Friday 16 Sept - 9:30 PM - 1:45 AM - Jon Dryden piano, Max Shwartz bass, David Morwood drums, and friends! Composer, arranger, performer Jon is back from his 7 year regular gig in NYC @ the popular Empire Cafe. From BeBop to show tunes to swing, Jon makes it all happen in his own authentic way
- Sat 17 Sept - 9:30 PM - 1:45 AM - sax virtuoso Andew Speight, Tomoko Funaki bass, Ben Stolorow piano, David Morwood drums. Andrew has toured and recorded with many of the greatest names in jazz including Nat Adderley, Jimmy Cobb, and the Marsalis family; he was the featured alto saxophonist during the recent Stanford Jazz Fest "Tribute to Bird with Strings"
- Sunday 18 Sept - 10:00 AM - 1:30PM - Jazz Brunch with vocalist extraordinaire Scotty Wright - back from touring and recording in Asia and the Middle East, Scotty's signature style has amazed jazz fans for years - with the David Morwood jazz band featuring Pete Lips bass, and special friends
Sunday 18 Sept - 9PM - 1:15 AM - Power Jazz with Gary Meek sax, Mike Lent guitar, Billy Bosch bass, David Morwood drums with special promised late night guests - join us for our closing jam session with some high energy all-star jazz as we thank the jazz festival stars who hang out with us in our Fireplace Lounge all weekend - Gary is just back from touring in Asia and Europe with the great drummer Dave Weckl, Mike is back from performing with the Barry Manilow Orchestra after playing in Europe, Vegas, NYC, and on the Good Morning America and Today TV programs. Some high powered heavies have promised to come by and help celebrate the closing of the 59th MJF - a night not to be missed!
- Friday 23 Sept - Gary Meek - this genuine LA recording artist is one of the most in demand musicians on the scene - gary is preparing to record his next album, recruiting some of the top players in the industry!
- Sat 24 Sept - Billy Bosch jazz - join us as this "foundation bass player" makes our Fireplace Lounge Swing! One of the hardest working, most in demand musicians on the central coast!
- Fri 30 Sept - Nik Bartolussi clarinet, David Morwood drums, and friends - from gypsy jazz to parisian swing and everything in between! it has been a pleasure for our fans and fellow musicians alike to be with this dedicated, committed musician as Nik makes the music feel good for the whole lounge!!
The Fireplace Lounge at the Hyatt Regency Monterey has been voted by the media to be the number one spot to hear live jazz on the central coast! The music swings on weekends from 7 until 10 year round. Great music for dining dancing drinking and just plain listening. Free parking, there is never a cover charge. Bar menu, drink specials, adjacent full menu Tusca restaurant with award-winning chef Steve Johnson. Swing baby swing!!
- Central Fireplace and Relaxing Ambiance
- Signature Cocktails
- Small Plates
- Weekend Jazz Every Friday & Saturday Night
Book Now or call 831 372 1234.